The Triangle Universities Center for Advanced Studies, Inc. (TUCASI) data-Infrastructure Project (TIP) will deploy a federated data cyberinfrastructure- or data cloud- across the campuses of the Triangle area universities. TIP will meet the growing data storage and management needs of UNC Chapel Hill, Duke University, NC State University, and RENCI through an interoperable data repository. Researchers will have over a petabyte of digital data storage capacity and be able to share data with each other, national research projects, and private sector partners in the Research Triangle Park and beyond.
The TIP includes three components—classroom capture, storage, and future data and policy, which will be implemented in three phases. In phase one, each campus and RENCI will upgrade their storage capabilities and a platform-independent system for capturing and sharing classroom lectures and activities will be developed.
In phase two, the TIP team will develop policies and practices for short- and long-term data storage and access.
Triangle Universities Center for Advanced Studies, Inc. (TUCASI)
- Data Intensive Cyber Environments (DICE) Center
- UNC Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science (SILS)
- Duke University Office of Information Technology
- NC State Digital Library
- Richard Marciano, principal investigator, RENCI, DICE, SILS
- Samantha Earp, Duke University
- Kristin Antelman, NC State University
- Reagan Moore, RENCI, DICE, SILS