Primary purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive post-award oversight, including managing multiple subcontracts with partner institutions.
This position will be responsible for managing the prime award, including reviewing and approving transactions, reconciling and reporting on various fund types, providing personnel and non-personnel projections, and acting as a liaison with central offices and sponsors. This position will also work with the project team on developing and implementing flexible reporting templates, allowing the project team financial reporting as requested by the sponsor. This position will identify risks and adverse issues generated in the budget and program activities, present appropriate issues and recommend solutions to the project team and management.
This position will support large collaborative, multi-million dollars projects that manage a high number of subcontracts. This position will assist the project team in creating required RFPs, advising on the financial aspects of the sub contractual requirements, and on financial reporting requirements. This position will subsequently work with the awardees on completing documentation required to establish subcontracts, will bear responsibility for oversight of the invoicing, monitoring spending and providing financial reports to the project PI and/or funding agency.
This position, in close collaboration with the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), will manage the No Cost Extensions and Subcontract Issue processes, from their inception through execution.
In addition to primary duties described above, this position will work with the cross-divisional working groups on improving and streamlining the processes in the department, and serve as an expert in budget development and compliance. This position will be also responsible for organizing and facilitating appropriately identified training for the members of the working group, to increase the cross-training capacity across the participating teams.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive Microsoft Excel skills
- Must be highly organized and be able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to multi-task while maintaining accuracy
- Advanced analytical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate obstacles and solutions clearly and concisely
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- One or more years of extensive experience with financial management of sponsored research funding (post-award)
- Experience in Financial management (preferably funding from the National Institutes of Health)
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret regulations and guidelines from sponsors (in particular from the National Institutes of Health)
- Experience with calculating payroll and forecasting
To apply for this position, please visit: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/229065.