Description of Work
The Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI) is a living laboratory that creates cyberinfrastructure for the benefit of science, business and society.What makes us so “renaissance”? Our work isn’t just about solving known problems. It’s about unlocking human potential.
- We accelerate research.
- We help overcome barriers to make research faster, stronger and more creative.
- We advance the state-of-the-art. Not just in what machines can do, but what people can do with machines.
- We transcend boundaries.
- We foster inclusivity, promote diversity and collaborate across disciplines to enhance science, engineering, art, the humanities and commerce.
A research institute of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, RENCI links people, data and resources across the UNC system, Duke University, Research Triangle Park and the State of North Carolina.
Working with the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Communications Specialist is responsible for content and communication opportunities in support of RENCI’s internal and external strategic goals and the strategic goals of UNC-Chapel Hill. Anticipated 20-30 hours per week.
- Organize and produce multiple newsletters and briefs in support of RENCI and its affiliates.
- Effectively promote RENCI’s impact and value through all communications and marketing efforts (e.g., websites, print publications, electronic presentations, etc.).
- Maintain familiarity with newsletter production systems such as Mailchimp and CRM systems such as Hubspot.
- Collaborate with communications and project management team members on media and research project relations, helping to facilitate requests for interviews and develop story information.
- Write, edit, and distribute RENCI news and feature releases, as well as other public communications. Write, edit, and disseminate appropriate articles, white papers, proposals, etc.
- Develop and maintain timely web content.
- Assist in content development for secondary RENCI websites, project websites and partner sites, including content development and organization and branding.
- Maintain, monitor, and update web information and services.
- Maintain familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Specialized knowledge in communication and outreach. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to foster and maintain collaborations with both academic and industrial researchers. Working knowledge of web and newsletter communications technologies. Interpersonal communication, human relations, and team building skills. Project management skills. Ability to write and edit scientific news and feature stories, as well as academic presentations and reports, is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/177086