RENCI is currently looking for a Full Stack Developer with experience in Microsoft technologies. This position is responsible for:
- Building the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage backend applications and databases
- Write effective APIs
- Build new and extend existing features
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Applicants must have experience with the full development lifecycle from working with clients to understand requirements, designing, and extending existing features.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Master’s and 1-2 years’ experience; or Bachelors and 2-4 years’ experience; or will accept a combination of related education and experience in substitution.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience working with relational databases
- Requires several years of experience with ASP.NET Core, C#
- Requires several years of experience with SQL Server
- Familiarity with GitHub and other Devops technologies
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Capacity for self-education. Interdisciplinary study and inquiry.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Interpersonal communication, human relations and team building skills.
- Clearly and regularly communicate potential software improvements and implementation plans with technical colleagues, management, and external stakeholders.
- Work with researchers and users of software to explain functionality.
- Attend meetings, articulate alternatives and pros/cons thereof, and contribute to hardware/software/personnel time and resource estimates.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
Knowledge of libraries such as Angular2 is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply, please visit: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/216066.