The Renaissance Computing Institute at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is seeking a Research Project Coordinator to report to its Project Management Office. This position will be responsible for coordinating one or more research and team science projects and provide support for RENCI outreach and engagement.
Incumbent will work closely with project teams as well as with Outreach/Engagement Specialists to develop training materials, presentations, webinars, and other educational, engagement, and
outreach initiatives. Critically, this will require coordination with a variety of cross-consortium groups to collaboratively develop content for consortium partners and other external stakeholders; and providing required logistical support in partnership with the Communications team.
Incumbent will have primary responsibility for planning and coordinating all major activities for assigned sponsored projects, including regular training events and user workshops, and annual or bi-annual meetings. Tasks include:
- Monitoring the planning and execution of project activities to ensure adherence to budget,
schedule, reporting, and scope.
- Organization and development of agendas, schedules, and presentations.
- Coordination of participants, speakers, etc.
- Incumbent should be a highly motivated, detail-oriented team player, and a demonstrated problem solver; and show an ability to make decisions.
As a member of the PMO, the incumbent will work with teammates on RENCI internal projects and activities, identify and resolve problems, and contribute to internal process improvement.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Relevant post-Baccalaureate degree required (or foreign degree equivalent); for candidates demonstrating comparable independent research productivity, will accept a relevant Bachelor’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) and 3 or more years of relevant experience in substitution. May require terminal degree and licensure.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
Project planning and coordination:
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills;
- Familiarity with contracts language and negotiation techniques;
- Ability to comprehend, develop, and adhere to project budgets
- Ability to plan and coordinate large multi-faceted and specialized projects;
- Ability to implement defined program management strategy;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to track tasks, and ensure timely progress of the project through completion;
- Ability to gather data and draft reports as needed;
- Ability to collaborate with other teams as needed;
- Demonstrated experience with project coordination, event coordination, or customer service required;
- Occasional evening and weekend work required;
- Occasional travel required;
Outreach and Communication:
- Available for travel related to the project;
- Efficient engagement of all project stakeholders to facilitate project outcomes;
- Ability to edit and analyze informational materials or content;
- Familiar with selection of customer tracking tools;
- Ability to establish and maintain a variety of positive and constructive working relationships;
- Ability to understand internal workings of the department relative to external expectations of clients and stakeholders;
- Ability to use and incorporate various hardware and software packages in support of project
- Familiarity with a range of teleconference and other communication tools, particularly online tools including Zoom and/or Airmeet.
- Ability to research and identify relevant new technologies and make recommendations for use and purchase.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
Prefer three years’ experience in project management and/or program coordination and organization. Working knowledge of federal funding mechanisms and reporting requirements a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply, please visit: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/213904.