This position provides compute and network infrastructure support for RENCI projects, which include local, national and international collaborations with a variety of research organizations. It focuses on deployment and operation of distributed clusters and allied hardware and networking capabilities in a dynamic research-oriented environment.
- Deployment, management, day-to-day operations of a variety of research oriented distributed infrastructures.
- Providing experimenter support to various user communities utilizing the infrastructure
- Supporting RENCI researchers in their experiments – setting up experimental environments, software stacks, collecting performance data
Relevant post-Baccalaureate degree required; for candidates demonstrating comparable background in academic or research computing management, will accept a relevant undergraduate degree and 3 or more years of relevant experience in substitution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Linux server administration
- Linux virtualization
- Experience with automation tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with performance monitoring frameworks (e.g. Nagios)
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Network administration experience (Layer 2) highly desired
- Experience with containers (Docker, Singularity) a plus
- Experience with OpenStack a plus
- Experience with managing virtualized infrastructures in AWS, Azure or GCP a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/150971.