Web architects design engaging interactive digital experiences applying the most advanced toolkits. They develop approaches, methods, and plans that make teams more effective while improving system quality. RENCI is seeking a web architect with a passion for defining user experience strategy, building innovative systems in an agile setting, and working closely with diverse technology teams.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Master’s and 1-2 years’ experience; or Bachelors and 2-4 years’ experience; or will accept a combination of related education and experience in substitution.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise in front-end architecture, application programmer interface design, and containerized microservices in cloud computing environments. The web architect will also have extensive experience with open source software frameworks. Additional requirements include:
- At least five years of professional web user experience development.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and experience designing new systems.
- Experience designing RESTful service oriented microservices in Java or Python.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker.
- Experience in an agile, continuous integration environment.
- Demonstrate a capacity for continuous learning, strong interpersonal communication skills, and team building skills.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools including GitHub.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Demonstrate ability to foster and maintain collaborations with local and national researchers and subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with build automation systems like Jenkins and Travis.
To apply for this position, please visit https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/232917.