On July 19, the Senate Subcommittee on Technology, Innovation, and Competitiveness listened to testimony from expert witnesses on the subject of high performance computing in the context of national competitiveness. The witnesses shared their diverse experiences to create a varied portrait of the state of high performance computing and its role in maintaining a competitive advantage for U.S. industries. The witnesses were:
- Simon Szykman, Director, National Coordination Office for
- Networking and Information Technology Research and Development
- Irving Wladasky-Berger, Vice President, Technical Strategy and
- Innovation at IBM
- Christopher Jehn, Vice President, Government Programs, Cray Inc.
- Jack Waters, Executive Vice President and CTO, Level 3
- Communications Inc.
- Joseph Lombardo, Director, National Supercomputing Center for
- Energy and the Environment University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Michael Garrett, Director, Airplane Performance, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Stanley Burt, Director, Advanced Biomedical Computing Center
- Tom West, CEO, National LambdaRail
Story Courtesy HPC Wire