Below is a list of current open positions at RENCI. Ideal candidates should enjoy working with internationally known researchers and with the tools and technologies that comprise an advanced cyberinfrastructure. An interest in multidisciplinary research and in collaborating with researchers, including the development of new proposals, projects and programs, is expected. A Ph.D is required for Senior Research Scientist positions; a master's degree and/or a mix of professional experience and a bachelor's degree is required for software development positions.
Renaissance Computing Institute
Research Project Manager
Position #20037691, 20037690, and 20037689
RENCI is seeking an experienced Research Project Manager to report to its Project Management Office. This position will be responsible for managing one or more highly complex research and team science coordination projects funded by NIH, NSF, and/or other federal and state government organizations. - Incumbent will manage day-to-day operations for these projects in collaboration with RENCI PI’s to include scheduling meetings, running meetings, taking notes, capturing and tracking action items, communicating with all teams, and maintaining project tracking tools. - The candidate will deve...
RENCI is seeking an experienced Research Project Manager to report to its Project Management Office. This position will be responsible for managing one or more highly complex research and team science coordination projects funded by NIH, NSF, and/or other federal and state government organizations.
– Incumbent will manage day-to-day operations for these projects in collaboration with RENCI PI’s to include scheduling meetings, running meetings, taking notes, capturing and tracking action items, communicating with all teams, and maintaining project tracking tools.
– The candidate will develop project management strategy, supporting business cases, detailed project plans and manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, reporting, and scope in collaboration with the Senior Research Project Manager.
Incumbent should be a highly motivated strategic thinker, a team player, and a demonstrated problem solver and show an ability to make decisions. Tasks include:
– Monitoring and tracking project milestones and deliverables.
– Recognizing areas for internal improvement and developing plans for implementing updated or new processes and methods to facilitate project outcomes.
– Conferring with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
– Working with RENCI Finance and RENCI PI’s to develop project budgets and supervising project resources to assure projects stay on track and within budget.
– Providing program management to include strategic planning, communications, outreach to the funded collaborators to help manage team relations. Will work with the Senior Research Project Manager.
– Working with RENCI teams to write reports and providing additional project management for the RENCI proposal process to include tracking and gathering of required materials and creation of final documents.
– Supporting event planning to execute events related to funded projects (workshops, hack-a-thons and cross team multi-institutional meetings).
Relevant post-Baccalaureate degree required; for candidates demonstrating project coordination or funded research experience, will accept a relevant undergraduate degree and 3 or more years of relevant experience in substitution.
Qualifications and Experience
Project planning and management:
– Ability to plan and manage large, multi-faceted and specialized projects and assist with project events.
– Ability to analyze and report project risks and to recommend risk mitigation measures.
– Ability to manage day to day business operations of a project.
– Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously..
– Ability to assist with the research, development, and execution of proposals including internal and external communications (written and oral) and client engagement.
– Ability to constructively engage research project staff to facilitate project outcomes.
– Ability to understand internal workings of the department in relation to the external expectations of the clients and stakeholders.
– Ability to establish and maintain a variety of positive and constructive working relationships.
– Ability to assist in developing proposals, including gathering requisite documentation and determining budgets required, is a plus.
– Ability to edit and analyze informational materials or content.
– Ability to write according to correct English usage and appropriate style guide or accepted industry standards.
– Assist with routine project reporting.
– Ability to use and incorporate various hardware and software packages in support of project outcomes.
– Familiarity with a range of project management tools, particularly online tools.
– Ability to research and identify relevant new technologies and make recommendations for use and purchase.
Prefer three years’ experience in project management and/or program coordination and organization. PMP Certification a plus. Experience with federally funded projects is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information or to apply, visit https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/187523